Jul 28, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
On Monday morning Manchester City decided to host a seemingly innocuous Twitter chat with Spanish winger Jesus Navas.
Perhaps they shouldn’t have used the hashtag #AskJesus. Here at PST, we are certainly glad they did.
Instead of questions pouring in about Navas’ speedy wingplay and what he wants to achieve this season with the reigning Premier League champions, the 28-year-old was inundated with Tweets of a biblical nature.
Here are a few examples of Tweets sent into the City winger.
“How did you turn Water into Wine?”
“What is it like to be the son of God?”
“With book sales gently declining over the past decade, is there any chance of a New New Testament?”
The list of hilarious responses continued, click here for the full timeline, as fans really got into the spirit of #AskJesus in a way Man City’s media staff may not have expected.
Navas was a key figure in City’s 5-1 demolition of AC Milan in Pittsburgh on Sunday, scoring once and ripping Milan’s defense apart with ease, and the Spaniard is set to play a key part in their PL title defense this season.
Will we see more #AskJesus Twitter chats this season? If we get questions like this one below coming in, regarding City star Yaya Toure not getting a Birthday Cake, I certainly hope so.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0