Jul 29, 2014, 9:19 AM EST
By now you would have probably watched the video above. If you haven’t, do it.
What do you think?
Was this just a few harmless shoves or something more sinister between the three U.S. national team stars?
Either way, things got pretty real on Monday night in Seattle. With the LA Galaxy leading 3-0 just before half time, that would end up being the final score, all hell broke lose between three national team teammates who spent the entire summer together.
First DeAndre Yedlin appeared to be hauled to the floor by LA’s Omar Gonzalez, playing in hi first Galaxy game in three months, which eventually earned the defender a yellow card. However Seattle Sounders and USMNT captain Clint Dempsey then charged in, pushed Gonzalez and tried to protect Yedlin. A mass of bodies then piled in from both teams, but Gonzalez, Dempsey and Yedlin continued the confrontation throughout the game as they could be seen trash talking at various points of the chippy encounter at CenturyLink Field.
After the game none of the three U.S. national team players involved Tweeted about the events and none of them spoke about it to reporters. Whatever you make of the shoving match between Dempsey, Gonzalez and Yedlin, I’m pretty sure the next time they see eachother they’ll utter these four words below.
“Wow. That escalated quickly.”
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 4
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0