Jul 29, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
By now you would have probably watched the video above. If you haven’t, do it.
What do you think?
Was this just a few harmless shoves or something more sinister between the three U.S. national team stars?
Either way, things got pretty real on Monday night in Seattle. With the LA Galaxy leading 3-0 just before half time, that would end up being the final score, all hell broke lose between three national team teammates who spent the entire summer together.
First DeAndre Yedlin appeared to be hauled to the floor by LA’s Omar Gonzalez, playing in hi first Galaxy game in three months, which eventually earned the defender a yellow card. However Seattle Sounders and USMNT captain Clint Dempsey then charged in, pushed Gonzalez and tried to protect Yedlin. A mass of bodies then piled in from both teams, but Gonzalez, Dempsey and Yedlin continued the confrontation throughout the game as they could be seen trash talking at various points of the chippy encounter at CenturyLink Field.
After the game none of the three U.S. national team players involved Tweeted about the events and none of them spoke about it to reporters. Whatever you make of the shoving match between Dempsey, Gonzalez and Yedlin, I’m pretty sure the next time they see eachother they’ll utter these four words below.
“Wow. That escalated quickly.”
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2