Jul 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Bojan Krkic got his Stoke City career off to a positive start, scoring a cracking goal in the 2-1 defeat to Schalke 04 on Tuesday.
The Spanish forward, who made the $6.7 million move from Barcelona last week on a four year deal, looked sharp in his opening match for the Potters. Krkic’s 55th minute strike from 20 yards out opened the scoring before goals by Joel Matip and Tranquillo Barnetta handed the Bundesliga side the win.
This was Stoke’s third pre-season match in Germany after suffering a 2-0 loss to 1860 Munich and being held to a 1-1 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach. Potters fans can take the positives from a match where last year’s young player of the year, Marko Arnautovic, missed a first half penalty and Krkic looks a player who can add some real value to an increasingly technical attack.
Stoke have four pre-season friendlies remaining to play against Burton, Blackburn, Real Betis and Freiburg.
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3