Jul 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Bojan Krkic got his Stoke City career off to a positive start, scoring a cracking goal in the 2-1 defeat to Schalke 04 on Tuesday.
The Spanish forward, who made the $6.7 million move from Barcelona last week on a four year deal, looked sharp in his opening match for the Potters. Krkic’s 55th minute strike from 20 yards out opened the scoring before goals by Joel Matip and Tranquillo Barnetta handed the Bundesliga side the win.
This was Stoke’s third pre-season match in Germany after suffering a 2-0 loss to 1860 Munich and being held to a 1-1 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach. Potters fans can take the positives from a match where last year’s young player of the year, Marko Arnautovic, missed a first half penalty and Krkic looks a player who can add some real value to an increasingly technical attack.
Stoke have four pre-season friendlies remaining to play against Burton, Blackburn, Real Betis and Freiburg.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1