Jul 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Bojan Krkic got his Stoke City career off to a positive start, scoring a cracking goal in the 2-1 defeat to Schalke 04 on Tuesday.
The Spanish forward, who made the $6.7 million move from Barcelona last week on a four year deal, looked sharp in his opening match for the Potters. Krkic’s 55th minute strike from 20 yards out opened the scoring before goals by Joel Matip and Tranquillo Barnetta handed the Bundesliga side the win.
This was Stoke’s third pre-season match in Germany after suffering a 2-0 loss to 1860 Munich and being held to a 1-1 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach. Potters fans can take the positives from a match where last year’s young player of the year, Marko Arnautovic, missed a first half penalty and Krkic looks a player who can add some real value to an increasingly technical attack.
Stoke have four pre-season friendlies remaining to play against Burton, Blackburn, Real Betis and Freiburg.
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 0
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 0
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 1
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0
- Study says Lionel Messi top striker in 2015, Cristiano Ronaldo 29th best 3