VIDEO: Liverpool fan from New Jersey cries, loses the plot, after meeting Gerrard

Jul 30, 2014, 3:12 PM EST

We all know what used to happen when a group of lads from Liverpool called “The Beatles” popped across the pond and visited the U.S.

Pandemonium.

Well, it’s happening again. As Liverpool continue their preseason tour of the U.S. it was all too much for one young fan in New Jersey as the American shakes with delight, bursts into tears and is deliriously happy as Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard signed an autograph for her.

The reaction is priceless.

Watch the video above to get a sense of the passion, love and commitment present for Liverpool, and the Premier League, in the USA.

1. 4thquartermagic - Jul 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Ahhh to be so famous that you can give someone literally 3 seconds of your time that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

2. lordfletcher - Jul 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I’m happy for the girl but this something I’ll never be able to comprehend. The love people have for famous people. Maybe its because I have a famous friend (nhl) but come on guys / gals, we’re all human

The only people I will cry over as displayed in the video would be my parents and immediate family, wife and children.

Again, good for her but……

• geejon - Jul 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I would tell you to give the girl a break as she seems to be a teenager but then I’ve seen similar reactions from grown-ups for athletes, actors, musicians, or even people with no discernible talent (Kim Kardashian). I can call it, man.

I love my sports and im passionate and can get very worked up about the GAME but I don’t want your autograph, don’t want a

3. geejon - Jul 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I would tell you to give her a break seeing as how she seems to be a teenager but then I’ve seen the same reactions from grown-ups. For athletes, actors, musicians, and even people with no discernible talent (Kim Kardashian).

I love my sports. I get really worked up at times for “my” teams. But when it’s over it’s over. I don’t want anyone’s autograph, I don’t want to take a picture with you, and I don’t want to buy anything you’re getting paid to endorse (unless I would have bought it anyway).

4. patriotsdefense - Jul 30, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Wow. She seems a little too clingy.

Man United thrash Liverpool