Jul 30, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
On Tuesday night at FedEx field in Washington D.C. over 60,000 fans packed in to watch Manchester United draw 0-0 with Inter Milan.
However, the beauty of the International Champions Cup meant the drama wasn’t over when the final whistle blew. Oh no. We all love a penalty shootout.
United, the better team for most of the match as Louis van Gaal continues to revolutionize the Red Devils’ approach, won 5-3 on penalty kicks as captain Darren Fletcher smashed home the winning PK in style.
Watch highlights from the action above, as United made it three wins from three on their U.S. tour this summer.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0