Jul 30, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
On Tuesday night at FedEx field in Washington D.C. over 60,000 fans packed in to watch Manchester United draw 0-0 with Inter Milan.
However, the beauty of the International Champions Cup meant the drama wasn’t over when the final whistle blew. Oh no. We all love a penalty shootout.
United, the better team for most of the match as Louis van Gaal continues to revolutionize the Red Devils’ approach, won 5-3 on penalty kicks as captain Darren Fletcher smashed home the winning PK in style.
Watch highlights from the action above, as United made it three wins from three on their U.S. tour this summer.
- WATCH: Incredible 60-yard pass leads Montreal ouster of Pachuca in CONCACAF Champions League 1
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0
- Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace: Mane’s late goal gets Saints back on track (video) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league at impasse as situation looks dire 8