Jul 30, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
On Tuesday night at FedEx field in Washington D.C. over 60,000 fans packed in to watch Manchester United draw 0-0 with Inter Milan.
However, the beauty of the International Champions Cup meant the drama wasn’t over when the final whistle blew. Oh no. We all love a penalty shootout.
United, the better team for most of the match as Louis van Gaal continues to revolutionize the Red Devils’ approach, won 5-3 on penalty kicks as captain Darren Fletcher smashed home the winning PK in style.
Watch highlights from the action above, as United made it three wins from three on their U.S. tour this summer.
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 3
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 1
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 0
- 2015 Copa America: Champions Chile dominate Team of the Tournament 0
- 2015 Gold Cup preview: United States look to defend title 0
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9