Jul 30, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
On Tuesday night at FedEx field in Washington D.C. over 60,000 fans packed in to watch Manchester United draw 0-0 with Inter Milan.
However, the beauty of the International Champions Cup meant the drama wasn’t over when the final whistle blew. Oh no. We all love a penalty shootout.
United, the better team for most of the match as Louis van Gaal continues to revolutionize the Red Devils’ approach, won 5-3 on penalty kicks as captain Darren Fletcher smashed home the winning PK in style.
Watch highlights from the action above, as United made it three wins from three on their U.S. tour this summer.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0
- Despite defeat to Chelsea, Louis van Gaal hails Manchester United’s “best match of season” 1
- Three things we learned from Chelsea’s win vs. Manchester United 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United: Hazard leads defensive Blues past Red Devils (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-1 Reading: Alexis helps Gunners clinch FA Cup final berth 0