Jul 31, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Guillermo Ochoa‘s long-rumored move to La Liga is reportedly on, with El Tri’s star goalkeeper moving to Malaga.
Los Boquerones are in need of a No. 1 backstop now that Willy Caballero has skipped town to battle Joe Hart at Manchester City. They also have veteran Cameroonian keeper Carlos Kameni on the roster.
The now 29 year old shoot-stopper had finished his contract with French side Ajaccio and was a free agent to sign with whatever team he wanted.
It is now being reported by Diario AS that Ochoa is in Malaga to complete his physical tests and sign his new contract with the La Liga side after weeks of negotiations.
Ochoa would be replacing Willy Caballero who recently left for Premier League champions Manchester City highlighted the report.
The report also includes the below photo of Ochoa with a Malagan airport worker.
— DIARIO RÉCORD (@record_mexico) July 31, 2014
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 0
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 5
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 9
- Real Madrid president asked what’s wrong with Carlo Ancelotti: “I don’t know” 2
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 7