Jul 31, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Guillermo Ochoa‘s long-rumored move to La Liga is reportedly on, with El Tri’s star goalkeeper moving to Malaga.
Los Boquerones are in need of a No. 1 backstop now that Willy Caballero has skipped town to battle Joe Hart at Manchester City. They also have veteran Cameroonian keeper Carlos Kameni on the roster.
The now 29 year old shoot-stopper had finished his contract with French side Ajaccio and was a free agent to sign with whatever team he wanted.
It is now being reported by Diario AS that Ochoa is in Malaga to complete his physical tests and sign his new contract with the La Liga side after weeks of negotiations.
Ochoa would be replacing Willy Caballero who recently left for Premier League champions Manchester City highlighted the report.
The report also includes the below photo of Ochoa with a Malagan airport worker.
— DIARIO RÉCORD (@record_mexico) July 31, 2014
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1