Jul 31, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
With recent reports that Jermaine Jones is headed for the Chicago Fire and Atletico Madrid could be a strong option for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez, we dive headlong into the rumor mill for Thursday’s transfer tattles.
Not a rumor, but fact: young Dutch defender Stefan de Vrij will not be headed to join Louis van Gaal at Manchester United. Rather, he’s headed for Lazio. LVG could switch his wide ideas to Argentina’s Marco Rojo, who won’t move to Southampton under the English club’s current bid.
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Galaxy are looking into a loan move for Sacha Kljestan from Anderlecht. Kljestan has been a key contributor during his time in Belgium, but his playing time slipped dramatically last season. He’d be a good cog for a Galaxy team looking to make a playoff push. MLSSoccer.com says Kljestan would be subject to allocation order, and L.A. is currently third behind Columbus and Dallas.
Sami Khedira has been linked with Arsenal for a while, but this move may be fast-tracked according the the Mirror. The English publication says Real Madrid fears losing Khedira to Bayern Munich on a free after next season, and that they’d like to make some money off the German mid.
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Kaka remains the top Brazilian in Orlando after rumored moves for Robinho and Ronaldinho either fell apart or were garbage.
TalkSport says Atletico may want another Manchester United misfit in addition to Chicharito, as Diego Simeone is tipped to go after Shinji Kagawa.
The failed medical for Loic Remy at Liverpool will not deter Newcastle’s interest in the QPR star (especially if the medical lowers his wages or price). Remy struck plenty of times for the Magpies on loan last season.
And here’s this from Columbus Crew beat writer Adam Jardy, who promises allocation news on his Columbus Dispatch blog quite soon:
— Adam Jardy (@AdamJardy) July 31, 2014
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0