Aug 1, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Exaggeration is a big part of our culture, but trust us when we tell you that Tom Huddlestone’s butchering of a Hull City penalty in the Tigers’ Europa League debut is about as bad as it gets.
We’re talking cringe-worthy, watch-through-your-fingers stuff. Making things a bit worse: the match finished 0-0, and an away goal at Trencin would’ve been a remarkable feather in Hull’s cap.
[ MORE: Transfer rumor roundup for Thursday ]
The goalkeeper does not get a finger on the rebound, either. Straight-up miss from Huddlestone.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0
- Despite defeat to Chelsea, Louis van Gaal hails Manchester United’s “best match of season” 1
- Three things we learned from Chelsea’s win vs. Manchester United 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United: Hazard leads defensive Blues past Red Devils (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-1 Reading: Alexis helps Gunners clinch FA Cup final berth 0