Aug 1, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Exaggeration is a big part of our culture, but trust us when we tell you that Tom Huddlestone’s butchering of a Hull City penalty in the Tigers’ Europa League debut is about as bad as it gets.
We’re talking cringe-worthy, watch-through-your-fingers stuff. Making things a bit worse: the match finished 0-0, and an away goal at Trencin would’ve been a remarkable feather in Hull’s cap.
[ MORE: Transfer rumor roundup for Thursday ]
The goalkeeper does not get a finger on the rebound, either. Straight-up miss from Huddlestone.
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2