Aug 1, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
So who’s left running around the rumor mill?
If the bettors are right, Frank Lampard could be heading on loan to Manchester City. SkyBet cut the odds of his moving to Manchester down to 3:1. There seems little to the move other than the shared ownership of City and new club New York City FC.
Well, Manchester United and Barcelona target Thomas Vermaelen could leave Arsenal, says manager Arsene Wenger. The Gunners boss called the defender an important part of his team, but admitted that his departure is a possibility.
Meanwhile, Southampton manager Ronald Koeman is talking about keeping a player, as French midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is the most recent Saints player to want to skip town. Koeman said Schneiderlin will continue to be a Saints player, and added that the swap deal of Dani Osvaldo for Inter Milan’s Saphir Taider could work well for the club.
Jose Mourinho said he is comfortable with the idea of Mark Schwarzer being his second-choice goalkeeper this season should Petr Cech leave. The Chelsea boss said Cech can compete for the starting job, but called Thibaut Courtois “the best young goalkeeper in the world.”
Twenty-seven year-old Zenit back Cristian Ansaldi is headed to Atletico Madrid on loan. The thrice-capped Argentina defender made his hay from 2008-2013 with Rubin Kazan.
Swiss forward Haris Seferovic is headed to Eintracht Frankfurt.
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0
- Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: Reigning champions roll Reds aside with ease 0
- Setting the scene at Anfield, as Liverpool host Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League 0