Aug 1, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Newcastle United are all in the headlines this morning after securing new talent ahead of the 2014/15 Premier League season.
The Magpies have picked up Argentine striker Facundo “Chucky” Ferreyra on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk, according to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder amongst others. Ferreyra, 23, recently refused to return to Donetsk due to the unrest in Ukraine, and will make the move to Newcastle. It’s understood that the Magpies will look to add another striker, and that the move for Ferreyra includes a permanent buy option.
The Hammers will reap a cross-London loan move from Arsenal, as in-demand defender Carl Jenkinson will don maroon this season. At 22, Jenkinson will be moving from a Gunners side that picked up positional competitors Mathieu Debuchy from Newcastle and Callum Chambers from Southampton.
Tony Pulis has made another shrewd move in London, as the manager has scooped longtime Fulham defender Brede Hangeland. The 33-year-old was a mainstay for the Cottagers before the London club was relegated after last season.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0