Aug 1, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
Five wins in a row away from home. Four wins in a row overall.
That’s what Sporting KC has going for them heading back home for tonight’s match against the Philadelphia Union, live on NBCSN at 8:00pm ET from Sporting Park in Kansas City.
It doesn’t get much better than that.
Things haven’t been as pretty for the Philadelphia Union of late, but they’ve gotten some good results as well, and sit just three points below the final playoff spot in the East.
Three points, that sounds familiar…where can you get three points…ohthatsright, with a win! The Union could even with Columbus and Toronto with a victory, but that will have to come against the Eastern Conference leader in Kansas City. KC is in the lead by just a point over DC United, but those two are in a pack of their own with an 11 point lead over the rest of the field.
There are some important players missing from both sides. KC is without star defender Matt Besler, who is out with his red card suspension. In addition, the East leaders don’t have either Lawrence Olum (international duty) or Seth Sinovic (injury). Union winger Cristian “Chico” Maidana is rehabbing his hamstring injury, and did not make the trip.
Philadelphia – Macmath; Williams, White, Edu, Gaddis; Carroll, Okugo; Cruz, Nogueira, Le Toux; Casey.
Sporting KC – Gruenebaum; Juliao, Collin, Ellis, Peterson; Claros, Lopez, Feilhaber; Dovale, Dwyer, Zusi.
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3