Aug 2, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
El Tri star Rafa Marquez could be skipping Leon to join Serie A side Lazio, as the Rome-based side has reportedly offered the defender a one-year deal with the potential for more.
The Eagles recently added young Dutch star Stefan de Vrij to strengthen their defense, and Marquez would give them even more depth and experience.
Lazio finished ninth in Serie A last season, allowing 54 goals, a figure that put the club in the bottom half of the league in goals allowed. Still, Lazio finished just four points back of fifth and nine points back of fourth.
A stint with Lazio would be Marquez’s first in Italy. The 35-year-old back played at Atlas, Barcelona, Monaco, and New York Red Bulls before joining up with Leon in 2013, helping the club to Apertura and Clausura titles in consecutive seasons.
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 0
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2