Aug 2, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Those thinking Wilfried Zaha’s star has fallen since his 2013 transfer to Manchester United are only half-right, and conveniently forgetting two things:
1) He’s still very young
2) He’s still quite English
Those things go a long way in the Premier League, and the 21-year-old Zaha remains much in demand. He wants to stay at Manchester United and fight for his place under new manager Louis van Gaal, but London is calling if LVG finds him surplus to demands.
After being handed just four Manchester United appearances in the first half of last season under David Moyes, the youngster was farmed out to Cardiff City on another temporary deal.
But despite another change of manager at Old Trafford, Zaha’s future still remains uncertain and according to the Mirror, he has moves to Palace, West Ham and QPR lined up should things not look promising at Manchester United between now and the end of the transfer window.
The reported terms would see the 21-year-old earn £30,000-a-week with any of the three options, but Zaha is still believed to favour proving himself to United boss Louis van Gaal.
Capped for England once in each of 2012 and 2013, the Ivorian-born Zaha found his groove for Crystal Palace the age of 19. He went on to score 17 goals over two seasons before sealing his switch to Old Trafford.
Have to wonder whether yet another loan move could be in order for Zaha, who could find plenty of playing time filling in for injured Andy Carroll at West Ham (and could play alongside the electric Enner Valencia). Zaha could partner with or replace Loic Remy at QPR, or give his former team Palace a much-needed offensive boost in comfortable surroundings.
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 3
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 5
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 3
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 16
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 6
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 3