Aug 2, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Those thinking Wilfried Zaha’s star has fallen since his 2013 transfer to Manchester United are only half-right, and conveniently forgetting two things:
1) He’s still very young
2) He’s still quite English
Those things go a long way in the Premier League, and the 21-year-old Zaha remains much in demand. He wants to stay at Manchester United and fight for his place under new manager Louis van Gaal, but London is calling if LVG finds him surplus to demands.
After being handed just four Manchester United appearances in the first half of last season under David Moyes, the youngster was farmed out to Cardiff City on another temporary deal.
But despite another change of manager at Old Trafford, Zaha’s future still remains uncertain and according to the Mirror, he has moves to Palace, West Ham and QPR lined up should things not look promising at Manchester United between now and the end of the transfer window.
The reported terms would see the 21-year-old earn £30,000-a-week with any of the three options, but Zaha is still believed to favour proving himself to United boss Louis van Gaal.
Capped for England once in each of 2012 and 2013, the Ivorian-born Zaha found his groove for Crystal Palace the age of 19. He went on to score 17 goals over two seasons before sealing his switch to Old Trafford.
Have to wonder whether yet another loan move could be in order for Zaha, who could find plenty of playing time filling in for injured Andy Carroll at West Ham (and could play alongside the electric Enner Valencia). Zaha could partner with or replace Loic Remy at QPR, or give his former team Palace a much-needed offensive boost in comfortable surroundings.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 4
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3