Aug 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EST
Jermain Defoe will not be able to play in this week’s MLS All-Star Game against Bayern Munich, and that has opened the door for another milestone in the career of Sporting KC’s Dom Dwyer.
The 24-year-old English striker has gotten his call-up to replace the injured Defoe, according to MLSSoccer.com. Dwyer has 14 goals for Sporting KC this season, the second-highest total in the league.
[ RELATED: Gonzalez, Keane, Marshall out of All Star Game ]
[ RELATED: Looks like the Dom Dwyer to US push is on ]
That leaves Caleb Porter’s MLS roster looking like this:
GK: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), Bill Hamid (Chicago)
MF: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Clint Dempsey (Seattle), Michael Bradley (Toronto), Graham Zusi (Sporting KC), Osvaldo Alonso (Seattle), Tim Cahill (New York), Will Johnson (Portland), Diego Valeri (Portland), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia)
FW: Obafemi Martins (Seattle), Landon Donovan (L.A.), Thierry Henry (New York), Dom Dwyer (Sporting KC), Erick Torres (Chivas USA), Bradley Wright-Phillips (New York)
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0