Aug 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
Jermain Defoe will not be able to play in this week’s MLS All-Star Game against Bayern Munich, and that has opened the door for another milestone in the career of Sporting KC’s Dom Dwyer.
The 24-year-old English striker has gotten his call-up to replace the injured Defoe, according to MLSSoccer.com. Dwyer has 14 goals for Sporting KC this season, the second-highest total in the league.
[ RELATED: Gonzalez, Keane, Marshall out of All Star Game ]
[ RELATED: Looks like the Dom Dwyer to US push is on ]
That leaves Caleb Porter’s MLS roster looking like this:
GK: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), Bill Hamid (Chicago)
MF: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Clint Dempsey (Seattle), Michael Bradley (Toronto), Graham Zusi (Sporting KC), Osvaldo Alonso (Seattle), Tim Cahill (New York), Will Johnson (Portland), Diego Valeri (Portland), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia)
FW: Obafemi Martins (Seattle), Landon Donovan (L.A.), Thierry Henry (New York), Dom Dwyer (Sporting KC), Erick Torres (Chivas USA), Bradley Wright-Phillips (New York)
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0