Aug 3, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
Tom Owens’ 59th minute goal led the Michigan Bucks to the Premier Developmental League title with a 1-0 win over Kitsap Pumas on Sunday afternoon in Michigan.
It was the first goal of the season for Owens (Notre Dame College) and it propelled the Bucks to their second PDL title, their first since 2006.
Michigan beat the Jersey Express in Saturday’s semifinal, while Kitsap topped Ocala in their semi.
The Bucks posted a 9W-2L-3T record in the regular season to win the Great Lakes Division, while Kitsap won the Northwest with a 9W-1L-4T mark.
- Geoff Cameron on Eden Hazard, Stoke City vs. Chelsea and festive fixture frenzy 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0