Aug 3, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Tom Owens’ 59th minute goal led the Michigan Bucks to the Premier Developmental League title with a 1-0 win over Kitsap Pumas on Sunday afternoon in Michigan.
It was the first goal of the season for Owens (Notre Dame College) and it propelled the Bucks to their second PDL title, their first since 2006.
Michigan beat the Jersey Express in Saturday’s semifinal, while Kitsap topped Ocala in their semi.
The Bucks posted a 9W-2L-3T record in the regular season to win the Great Lakes Division, while Kitsap won the Northwest with a 9W-1L-4T mark.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1