Aug 3, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Tom Owens’ 59th minute goal led the Michigan Bucks to the Premier Developmental League title with a 1-0 win over Kitsap Pumas on Sunday afternoon in Michigan.
It was the first goal of the season for Owens (Notre Dame College) and it propelled the Bucks to their second PDL title, their first since 2006.
Michigan beat the Jersey Express in Saturday’s semifinal, while Kitsap topped Ocala in their semi.
The Bucks posted a 9W-2L-3T record in the regular season to win the Great Lakes Division, while Kitsap won the Northwest with a 9W-1L-4T mark.
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 0
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 6
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12