Aug 3, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Tom Owens’ 59th minute goal led the Michigan Bucks to the Premier Developmental League title with a 1-0 win over Kitsap Pumas on Sunday afternoon in Michigan.
It was the first goal of the season for Owens (Notre Dame College) and it propelled the Bucks to their second PDL title, their first since 2006.
Michigan beat the Jersey Express in Saturday’s semifinal, while Kitsap topped Ocala in their semi.
The Bucks posted a 9W-2L-3T record in the regular season to win the Great Lakes Division, while Kitsap won the Northwest with a 9W-1L-4T mark.
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 2
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies (video) 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0