Aug 3, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Here’s a landing spot that makes plenty.
Real Madrid has confirmed that the 27-year-old goalkeeper is heading to the Bernabeu, and will be unveiled on Tuesday provided he passes his medical.
The move likely signals the end of either Iker Casillas or Diego Lopez at Real Madrid.
Navas was a nominee for the World Cup’s Golden Glove award as the tournament’s best goalkeeper, ultimately losing out to Neuer.
His outstanding performances were a major part of Costa Rica advancing out of a tough group with England, Italy and Uruguay, as well as the scare they put into the Netherlands after knocking off Greece in the Round of 16.
Navas has kept 30 clean sheets across 70 appearances for Levante since joining the Spanish club in 2012.
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 3
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 1
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0