Aug 3, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Here’s a landing spot that makes plenty.
Real Madrid has confirmed that the 27-year-old goalkeeper is heading to the Bernabeu, and will be unveiled on Tuesday provided he passes his medical.
The move likely signals the end of either Iker Casillas or Diego Lopez at Real Madrid.
Navas was a nominee for the World Cup’s Golden Glove award as the tournament’s best goalkeeper, ultimately losing out to Neuer.
His outstanding performances were a major part of Costa Rica advancing out of a tough group with England, Italy and Uruguay, as well as the scare they put into the Netherlands after knocking off Greece in the Round of 16.
Navas has kept 30 clean sheets across 70 appearances for Levante since joining the Spanish club in 2012.
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return 1
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 1
- Watch Live: West Ham United vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0