Aug 3, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Here’s a landing spot that makes plenty.
Real Madrid has confirmed that the 27-year-old goalkeeper is heading to the Bernabeu, and will be unveiled on Tuesday provided he passes his medical.
The move likely signals the end of either Iker Casillas or Diego Lopez at Real Madrid.
Navas was a nominee for the World Cup’s Golden Glove award as the tournament’s best goalkeeper, ultimately losing out to Neuer.
His outstanding performances were a major part of Costa Rica advancing out of a tough group with England, Italy and Uruguay, as well as the scare they put into the Netherlands after knocking off Greece in the Round of 16.
Navas has kept 30 clean sheets across 70 appearances for Levante since joining the Spanish club in 2012.
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 2