Aug 5, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Do you have what it takes to top ProSoccerTalk’s Yahoo Fantasy Premier League group?
Myself and others on the PST staff will be entering teams in the league, which asks you to compile a team of 11 starters and four substitutes on a budget of 100 million pounds.
Use the + icons to add your players. The game starts you with a 3-5-2 but you can use any standard combination of positions.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be putting together a weekly sheet of tips, bargains and busts, as well as highlighting the PST readers who’ve posted the best scores for that week.
After example (not my team or recommendation):
Step 2: Click on this link and enter the following information
League ID:11607 (FULL!!)
Password:3omkngj (FULL!!) League ID: 17774 (FULL!!)
Password: 0csrdbi (FULL!!)
League ID: 19012
- Bargains are a must, as players values go up and down each week. If you buy a 12-million pound striker who doesn’t score for a few weeks, he’s going to go down in value. You’ll only be able to sell him at current value.
- Conversely, if you can snare a player for a couple million who becomes a star, you can sell him at his high point and have a higher budget than the rest of the league.
- Save a spot or two on your bench for risks.
Will Bojan Krkic thrive at Stoke? If so, his 6 million price tag isn’t bad.
How about Erik Lamela at 2.77 million in the midfield? Jozy Altidore at forward for 3.34? Hard to imagine they fall further.
Ryan Bertrand is on loan to Southampton for 3.99 million and should play a lot, right?
The low-risk bargains go on and on.
So let’s compete… and have a good, free time, and look for some tips in the coming days.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1