Join ProSoccerTalk’s free Yahoo Fantasy Premier League group here

Aug 5, 2014, 3:27 PM EST

Do you have what it takes to top ProSoccerTalk’s Yahoo Fantasy Premier League group?

Myself and others on the PST staff will be entering teams in the league, which asks you to compile a team of 11 starters and four substitutes on a budget of 100 million pounds.

Step 1: Click on this link and select your roster

Use the + icons to add your players. The game starts you with a 3-5-2 but you can use any standard combination of positions.

Before:

source:

Yahoo

In the coming weeks, we’ll be putting together a weekly sheet of tips, bargains and busts, as well as highlighting the PST readers who’ve posted the best scores for that week.

After example (not my team or recommendation):

source:

Step 2: Click on this link and enter the following information
League ID:11607 (FULL!!)
Password:3omkngj (FULL!!)

League ID: 17774 (FULL!!)
Password: 0csrdbi (FULL!!)

League ID: 19012
Password: fvc2jtb

Some tips:

- Bargains are a must, as players values go up and down each week. If you buy a 12-million pound striker who doesn’t score for a few weeks, he’s going to go down in value. You’ll only be able to sell him at current value.

- Conversely, if you can snare a player for a couple million who becomes a star, you can sell him at his high point and have a higher budget than the rest of the league.

- Save a spot or two on your bench for risks.

Will Bojan Krkic thrive at Stoke? If so, his 6 million price tag isn’t bad.

How about Erik Lamela at 2.77 million in the midfield? Jozy Altidore at forward for 3.34? Hard to imagine they fall further.

Ryan Bertrand is on loan to Southampton for 3.99 million and should play a lot, right?

The low-risk bargains go on and on.

So let’s compete…  and have a good, free time, and look for some tips in the coming days.

1. Ian's Rushtache - Aug 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I will definitely sign up this evening when I am at my computer.

Some food for thought, years ago my buddy and I entered his friends league in England. They had enough people involved that they actually had 3 tiers, with promotion and relegation at the end of the year. Obviously you need a group that is willing to commit to a multi year fantasy league, which I absolutely would. I figured there may be lime minded souls out there who may also be inclined.

2. Greg - Aug 5, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Yahoo? Why not use the official premier league fantasy football?

3. Ian's Rushtache - Aug 5, 2014 at 7:37 PM

The second link is not currently working. Seems to be an issue w Yahoo at the moment

• Ian's Rushtache - Aug 5, 2014 at 7:39 PM

nvm i am an idiot

4. jylick - Aug 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Shhhhh…don’t fill people in on Bojan! I got him for 5.1 mil on ESPN’s fantasy league

5. spence24 - Aug 5, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Rodwell looks good for 1 million. He should get to play at Sunderland

6. ndnut - Aug 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I’ll join this league in the next couple days, if I remember to.

7. steves4 - Aug 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Says the group is full when I try to sign up. Any chance you can let more people in?

PST Extra: Top 4 showdowns on Sunday