Aug 5, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Jordan Mutch left Cardiff for QPR, while Sunderland picked up Jack Rodwell from Manchester City, but those signings would be nothing compared to the big names that are changing towns in today’s rumor roundup.
As usual, though, most won’t happen.
The biggest rumored move making the rounds on Monday is a huge money deal that would send World Cup champion defender Jerome Boateng from Bayern Munich to Barcelona. The $52-million plus transfer could prod Barca’s defense into a new level for years to come.
Italian site Tuttosport claims that Liverpool is going in on Argentine attacker Ezequiel Lavezzi, who has 18 goals in two years at Paris Saint-Germain. The 28-year-old cost PSG nearly $45 million when he came to France from Napoli in 2012.
Sky Sports says Spurs are after 23-year-old Argentine center back Mateo Musacchio. The move from Villarreal to White Hart Lane could cost the London club $28 million. Tottenham is also rumored to be moving for Wilfried Bony, as Swansea could get rid of his release clause.
The Sun claims that Thomas Vermaelen is refusing to negotiate a new contract with Arsenal in the hopes of engineering a move to Barcelona, Manchester United or another suitor. The Spanish club is said to have bid $17 million for the back, according to Sky Sports.
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 5
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 4
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0