Aug 6, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
The red hot and rich Los Angeles Galaxy may have just gotten richer, as a Corner of the Galaxy report has tabbed Anderlecht and USMNT player Sacha Kljestan on the move to L.A. via loan.
The Galaxy announced that an unspecified deal was done before the 5pm ET transfer freeze, and that they would hold a press conference at 2pm on Thursday to unveil the details.
The loan would perceivably allow the Galaxy to, essentially, have a fourth Designated Player salary in addition to Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan and Omar Gonzalez. Without one of the three departing California — and they aren’t — Kljestan could not be a DP.
The team certainly won’t turn down the chance to add a talented player on loan, and marketing a former USMNT mainstay won’t hurt, but where would Kljestan fit into Bruce Arena’s plans?
The easiest guess would be to slot Kljestan in for Stefan Ishizaki, though the latter has scored two goals in his past four games. I suppose Arena could bounce Donovan into the center of the park and put Marcelo Sarvas or Juninho on the bench, too.
Still, it’s a busy and effective midfield that would be adding Kljestan, and anyone who caught L.A.’s weekend dismantling of Portland has to wonder how much better they could expect from the addition.
- Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez calls Real Madrid “best team in the world” 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Liverpool 1
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0