Aug 9, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The Express reports that Manchester United is again going after Angel Di Maria after the Argentine winger’s move to Paris Saint-Germain reportedly collapsed during the week. Is he worth $92 million? In this financial climate and for that team? Probably.
The Daily Star, via the Manchester Evening News, says Juventus feels Arturo Vidal is skipping town for the Red Devils. In fact, they are already planning on spending the loot from his sale on Inter Milan’s Fredy Guarin and Man City’s Stevan Jovetic.
Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport says Chelsea is in the mix for 27-year-old Roma center back Mehdi Benatia, who has 15 goals in two years with i Lupi. He’s also been tipped for a move to Manchester United. Staying near the back, Fiorentina is expecting to be forced to accept an ‘important’ offer for Juan Cuadrado.
Some are saying United may be starting to make plans for the non-arrival of Vidal, looking into red-carded Cameroonian World Cupper Alexander Song. The midfielder, late of Barcelona, has also played for Arsenal. Also interested in Song? The Express says Tottenham’s monitoring the situation.
Sky Sports says Swansea could be swooping into Ligue 1 for Nice defender Timothee Kolodziejczak. The 22-year-old plays on the left side and can operate as a winger as well. He’s represented France at the U-16 to U-20 levels, but is also in demand from Poland.
Morgan Amalfitano may be coming back to the Premier League from Marseille after spending last year on loan at West Bromwich Albion. This year’s destination is reportedly West Ham United.
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0