Aug 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
There are still a lot of goals left to be scored at the U20 Women’s World Cup in Canada, but it’s very difficult to imagine we’re going to see anything better than this gem from France’s Claire Lavogez.
Earlier this week, as France blasted Costa Rica 5-1, Lavogez sent this picture-perfect 17-yard volley screaming into the upper 90.
It came off a neat combination play that featured a behind the leg pass and cheeky flick.
What a play, and what a strike!
For those wondering, the United States have one less game in group play and sit second in their group to Germany. The US next plays Tuesday in Moncton against China, and anything less than a win could leave them subject to elimination.
The States won the tournament in 2013 after finishing second to Germany in group play.
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 0
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 12
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 8
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 2