Aug 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
There are still a lot of goals left to be scored at the U20 Women’s World Cup in Canada, but it’s very difficult to imagine we’re going to see anything better than this gem from France’s Claire Lavogez.
Earlier this week, as France blasted Costa Rica 5-1, Lavogez sent this picture-perfect 17-yard volley screaming into the upper 90.
It came off a neat combination play that featured a behind the leg pass and cheeky flick.
What a play, and what a strike!
For those wondering, the United States have one less game in group play and sit second in their group to Germany. The US next plays Tuesday in Moncton against China, and anything less than a win could leave them subject to elimination.
The States won the tournament in 2013 after finishing second to Germany in group play.
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 4
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0