Aug 10, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
The first piece of English domestic hardware will be handed out in a few hours time, as Premier League champions Manchester City tangle with FA Cup holders Arsenal at Wembley Stadium for the Community Shield on Sunday.
Former Arsenal mainstays Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri will be on the pitch for City. New signing Willy Caballero will be between the sticks for Manuel Pellegrini’s troops.
A weakened defense will be the concern for Manchester City, as Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Dimichelis and new signing Bacary Sagna are unavailable. Sergio Aguero is also not a part of the attack.
City is looking for its fifth Community Shield, while the Gunners are hoping to capture their 13th shield. They have won the third-most in English history, behind Manchester United (20) and Liverpool (15).
Manchester City: Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Richards, Rekik, Milner, Sinclair, Silva, Zuculini
Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo
Subs: Martinez, Monreal, Flamini, Campbell, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1