Aug 10, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
The first piece of English domestic hardware will be handed out in a few hours time, as Premier League champions Manchester City tangle with FA Cup holders Arsenal at Wembley Stadium for the Community Shield on Sunday.
Former Arsenal mainstays Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri will be on the pitch for City. New signing Willy Caballero will be between the sticks for Manuel Pellegrini’s troops.
A weakened defense will be the concern for Manchester City, as Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Dimichelis and new signing Bacary Sagna are unavailable. Sergio Aguero is also not a part of the attack.
City is looking for its fifth Community Shield, while the Gunners are hoping to capture their 13th shield. They have won the third-most in English history, behind Manchester United (20) and Liverpool (15).
Manchester City: Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Richards, Rekik, Milner, Sinclair, Silva, Zuculini
Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo
Subs: Martinez, Monreal, Flamini, Campbell, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0