Aug 10, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT
Buoyed by a home crowd and, admittedly, a Borussia Dortmund lineup that looks ahead to next week’s German cup tie, Liverpool enthusiastically dismissed its visitors to Anfield 4-0 on NBCSN this Saturday morning.
Philippe Coutinho, 22, was the star of the show, with a gorgeous first half flick set-up of Daniel Sturridge‘s goal and a tight-angled shot that made it 3-0 early in the second half.
[ MORE VIDEO: First-half goals from Sturridge, Lovren ]
Henderson’s goal was the culmination of a beautiful string of play that likely could’ve been stopped when Sturridge’s rescue of a ball on the end line appeared unsuccessful, but the striker instead turned a defender inside-out before feeding Henderson for the goal.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Manquillo (Kelly, 84′), Johnson (Enrique, 62′), Skrtel, Lovren, Gerrard, Emre Can (Lucas, 46′), Henderson (Allen, 80′), Sterling, Coutinho (Ibe, 72′), Sturridge (Lambert, 76′)
Goals: Sturridge (10′), Lovren (13′), Coutinho (48′), Henderson (61′)
Borussia Dortmund: Langerak, Piszczek, Sokratis (Knystock, 81′), Ginter, Schmelzer (Sarr, 81′), Kehl (Bender, 46′), Kirch (Immobile, 46′), Mkhitaryan (Ji, 58′), Aubameyang (Bandowski, 71′), Jojic (Amini, 77′), Ramos (Hofmann, 46′)
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 0
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 3
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0