Aug 11, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Another day of transfer talk has come and gone. Listed below are some of the day’s most notable rumors.
After Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy appeared set to make a Liverpool switch earlier in the summer before a failed medical halted him, it appears Chelsea has made a surprise inquiry for the 27-year-old, who would be worth in the range of 10 million euros. And this rumor came following Didier Drogba‘s injury.
According to the Daily Mail, Samuel Eto’o could end up starring with Daniel Sturridge at Anfield, as it was reported that Brendan Rogers and Co. are eying the ex-Barcelona striker in hopes of adding another goal scorer to ease the void left by Luis Suarez.
On the heels of Thomas Vermaelen hitting the road for Barcelona, Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has been linked to Arsenal, and the amount they’re seeking for him, 10 million pounds via The Sun, has been released.
AS Roma center back Mehdi Benatia has drawn substantial interest from Chelsea, with the Blues launching a 30 million pound bid for the 27-year-old. While Manchester United are also looking to get his signature, Chelsea seems to be the front-runner right now.
West Ham attempted to snatch up Connor Wickham for 4 million pounds, but Sunderland denied the move. The 21-year-old joined the Black Cats from Ipswich Town in 2011. He went for 8.1 million pounds then.
Federico Fernandez should swapped leagues, leaving Napoli in Serie A to Swansea City in the Premier League for a fee around 8 million pounds, per the Daily Mirror. The Swans are trying to get a work permit for the player before the Manchester United opener.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0