Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Foot Locker, Landon Donovan and James Harden teamed up for a goofy ad that runs with the theme that great athletes have short memories.
The L.A. Galaxy infamously-snubbed World Cup midfielder is seen saluting Houston Rockets guard James Harden before the NBA player shifts the conversation to him.
“Let’s talk about what happened this summer,” Harden says.
What follows is a pretty great — and game — Donovan performance in what’s been titled ‘Short Memory, Pt. 2′. It has that Ron Donald feel from “Party Down”, that everything’s going according to plan.
It’s the sequel to a relatively-epic Harden/Charles Barkley vehicle featuring a certain Chicago Bulls legend:
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 7
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0