Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Foot Locker, Landon Donovan and James Harden teamed up for a goofy ad that runs with the theme that great athletes have short memories.
The L.A. Galaxy infamously-snubbed World Cup midfielder is seen saluting Houston Rockets guard James Harden before the NBA player shifts the conversation to him.
“Let’s talk about what happened this summer,” Harden says.
What follows is a pretty great — and game — Donovan performance in what’s been titled ‘Short Memory, Pt. 2′. It has that Ron Donald feel from “Party Down”, that everything’s going according to plan.
It’s the sequel to a relatively-epic Harden/Charles Barkley vehicle featuring a certain Chicago Bulls legend:
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 0
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5