Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Foot Locker, Landon Donovan and James Harden teamed up for a goofy ad that runs with the theme that great athletes have short memories.
The L.A. Galaxy infamously-snubbed World Cup midfielder is seen saluting Houston Rockets guard James Harden before the NBA player shifts the conversation to him.
“Let’s talk about what happened this summer,” Harden says.
What follows is a pretty great — and game — Donovan performance in what’s been titled ‘Short Memory, Pt. 2′. It has that Ron Donald feel from “Party Down”, that everything’s going according to plan.
It’s the sequel to a relatively-epic Harden/Charles Barkley vehicle featuring a certain Chicago Bulls legend:
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3
- England’s case of World Cup fever just what the doctor ordered for women’s soccer in Britain 3