Aug 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Scoring a powerful header in Borussia Dortmund’s 2-0 win over Bayern Munich in the German Super Cup on Wednesday, Henrikh Mkhitaryan opened the scoring in the first half, BVB striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang celebrated by conjuring his Spidey-senses.
This is awesome. Watch the vine below to see it all play out.
Aubameyang ran away to celebrate his goal with his teammates, then whipped out the mas much to the delight of Dortmund’s fans. The young Gabon international striker has done this before and it could well become his trademark celebration.
The talented striker has the tough task of replacing Robert Lewandowksi for Dortmund this season. All being well for Aubameyang, we will get used to seeing Spider-Man at soccer stadiums across Germany and Europe this season.
Best celebration in soccer history? It has to be up there, surely. Although Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez has pulled out the Spider-Man mask before.
Below is the vine with a clip of the celebration.
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 3
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 1
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 6
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7