Aug 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Scoring a powerful header in Borussia Dortmund’s 2-0 win over Bayern Munich in the German Super Cup on Wednesday, Henrikh Mkhitaryan opened the scoring in the first half, BVB striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang celebrated by conjuring his Spidey-senses.
This is awesome. Watch the vine below to see it all play out.
Aubameyang ran away to celebrate his goal with his teammates, then whipped out the mas much to the delight of Dortmund’s fans. The young Gabon international striker has done this before and it could well become his trademark celebration.
The talented striker has the tough task of replacing Robert Lewandowksi for Dortmund this season. All being well for Aubameyang, we will get used to seeing Spider-Man at soccer stadiums across Germany and Europe this season.
Best celebration in soccer history? It has to be up there, surely. Although Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez has pulled out the Spider-Man mask before.
Below is the vine with a clip of the celebration.
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 2