Aug 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Scoring a powerful header in Borussia Dortmund’s 2-0 win over Bayern Munich in the German Super Cup on Wednesday, Henrikh Mkhitaryan opened the scoring in the first half, BVB striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang celebrated by conjuring his Spidey-senses.
This is awesome. Watch the vine below to see it all play out.
Aubameyang ran away to celebrate his goal with his teammates, then whipped out the mas much to the delight of Dortmund’s fans. The young Gabon international striker has done this before and it could well become his trademark celebration.
The talented striker has the tough task of replacing Robert Lewandowksi for Dortmund this season. All being well for Aubameyang, we will get used to seeing Spider-Man at soccer stadiums across Germany and Europe this season.
Best celebration in soccer history? It has to be up there, surely. Although Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez has pulled out the Spider-Man mask before.
Below is the vine with a clip of the celebration.
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1