Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
Manchester City are the reigning Premier League champions after a blistering run to the title in 2013-14 when they scored 102 goals. Can the Citizens repeat that feat this season?
After a slightly stagnant summer, Manuel Pellegrini has failed to add any big stars to his squad but City have tied down influential leaders Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Samir Nasri to new contracts.
[RELATED: Full PST Extra archive]
In the latest edition of PST Extra Joe Prince-Wright (that’s me!) and Mike Prindiville preview City’s season ahead and weigh up their chances of becoming just the third team in PL history to successfully defend their crown.
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s FA Cup win vs. Aston Villa 0
- Arsenal 4-0 Aston Villa: Gunners swallow Villa to defend FA Cup title 1
- FOLLOW LIVE: Arsenal, Aston Villa square off in FA Cup final 0
- Hyndman stars as U.S. U-20 team downs Myanmar 2-1 to open World Cup play 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 5