Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
Manchester City are the reigning Premier League champions after a blistering run to the title in 2013-14 when they scored 102 goals. Can the Citizens repeat that feat this season?
After a slightly stagnant summer, Manuel Pellegrini has failed to add any big stars to his squad but City have tied down influential leaders Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Samir Nasri to new contracts.
[RELATED: Full PST Extra archive]
In the latest edition of PST Extra Joe Prince-Wright (that’s me!) and Mike Prindiville preview City’s season ahead and weigh up their chances of becoming just the third team in PL history to successfully defend their crown.
- 2015 Gold Cup – Group A preview: USMNT favorites over Honduras, Panama, Haiti 0
- Clint Dempsey replaced by Michael Bradley as USMNT captain for Gold Cup 5
- Despite devastating World Cup exit, England’s women inspired a nation 5
- US ask Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials 0
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 9
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2