Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Manchester City are the reigning Premier League champions after a blistering run to the title in 2013-14 when they scored 102 goals. Can the Citizens repeat that feat this season?
After a slightly stagnant summer, Manuel Pellegrini has failed to add any big stars to his squad but City have tied down influential leaders Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Samir Nasri to new contracts.
[RELATED: Full PST Extra archive]
In the latest edition of PST Extra Joe Prince-Wright (that’s me!) and Mike Prindiville preview City’s season ahead and weigh up their chances of becoming just the third team in PL history to successfully defend their crown.
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 3
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4