Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
Manchester City are the reigning Premier League champions after a blistering run to the title in 2013-14 when they scored 102 goals. Can the Citizens repeat that feat this season?
After a slightly stagnant summer, Manuel Pellegrini has failed to add any big stars to his squad but City have tied down influential leaders Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Samir Nasri to new contracts.
[RELATED: Full PST Extra archive]
In the latest edition of PST Extra Joe Prince-Wright (that’s me!) and Mike Prindiville preview City’s season ahead and weigh up their chances of becoming just the third team in PL history to successfully defend their crown.
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3