Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Manchester City are the reigning Premier League champions after a blistering run to the title in 2013-14 when they scored 102 goals. Can the Citizens repeat that feat this season?
After a slightly stagnant summer, Manuel Pellegrini has failed to add any big stars to his squad but City have tied down influential leaders Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Samir Nasri to new contracts.
[RELATED: Full PST Extra archive]
In the latest edition of PST Extra Joe Prince-Wright (that’s me!) and Mike Prindiville preview City’s season ahead and weigh up their chances of becoming just the third team in PL history to successfully defend their crown.
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 0
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2