Aug 15, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
So what else is cooking? Let’s take a spin through the newspapers and sites that make this season so fun and infuriating.
Juan Cuadrado will not be playing for Fiorentina this weekend, and the Metro reports that Barcelona has dropped out of consideration for the Colombian’s services. That leaves Manchester United and Chelsea to duke it out, though The Express says the Red Devils may bow out.
[ MORE: Mega 2014/15 Premier League preview ]
The Metro also has news on another United target, claiming Ajax is ready to let Daley Blind skip town. His move to Louis van Gaal’s club seems close to reality, with $25 million as the reported price.
“We haven’t brought in another striker other than Rickie Lambert but we aim to do that,” says Rodgers. “If we don’t, it means the right player hasn’t become available for us, and if that is the case we will continue with the group we have and I will be happy to go into the season with that team.”
The Express says Chelsea’s desire for Mehdi Benatia has moved into the negotiation stage with AS Roma.
Sky Sports says Chelsea and Arsenal will soon learn their fate when it comes to their desire for Sami Khedira.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0