Aug 15, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
Clad in a hot pink shirt and flashing that trademark Luis Suarez smile, Barcelona’s high-profile summer addition to the training field with his new teammates for the first time.
That’s because while his 4-month suspension for biting Giorgio Chiellini at this summer’s World Cup still stands, Suarez was given a reprieve on his ban from training with the club. Friday was his first day on the job.
It’s been hard for Suarez to be away from the game, and he gave an interview to his new club’s web site.
Suárez described this situation as “really tough…it was a situation that made me feel really uncomfortable. I’m paying for a mistake I made and one I have apologised for, but I have to forget about all this”. Following on, the new Barça number 9 said: “I am only thinking about the future, which is at FC Barcelona, the Club who I dreamed of playing for”.
Finally, the Uruguayan striker wanted to thank Barça for the support he has had since the announcement of his signing. “I am very grateful to the Club for all it has done for me over these last few weeks and days. They have been great with me and I appreciate it because I am realizing my dream, to play for Barça”.
Barcelona also release a video on Suarez’s first day “in 100 seconds”.
El primer día de Luis Suárez, en 100 segundos by fcbarcelona
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 10 0
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0