Aug 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Arsenal’s first trip to New York City in a quarter century featured one of the Gunners all-time heroes — perhaps the all-time hero — playing against the London club.
Thierry Henry was a New York Red Bulls player for the New York Cup match against Arsenal, but that did little to quell the love for the French striker from Gooners.
Now MLS Insider takes you inside the ‘friendly’, and includes some vintage Henry moments.
“To play with a team against a team you used to play for is something special. It’s going to be beautiful. It’s going to be great. I’m going to love it.”
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0