Aug 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Arsenal’s first trip to New York City in a quarter century featured one of the Gunners all-time heroes — perhaps the all-time hero — playing against the London club.
Thierry Henry was a New York Red Bulls player for the New York Cup match against Arsenal, but that did little to quell the love for the French striker from Gooners.
Now MLS Insider takes you inside the ‘friendly’, and includes some vintage Henry moments.
“To play with a team against a team you used to play for is something special. It’s going to be beautiful. It’s going to be great. I’m going to love it.”
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 8
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0