Aug 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Arsenal’s first trip to New York City in a quarter century featured one of the Gunners all-time heroes — perhaps the all-time hero — playing against the London club.
Thierry Henry was a New York Red Bulls player for the New York Cup match against Arsenal, but that did little to quell the love for the French striker from Gooners.
Now MLS Insider takes you inside the ‘friendly’, and includes some vintage Henry moments.
“To play with a team against a team you used to play for is something special. It’s going to be beautiful. It’s going to be great. I’m going to love it.”
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 3
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 0
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 3
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 3
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 1
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 7