Aug 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Arsenal’s first trip to New York City in a quarter century featured one of the Gunners all-time heroes — perhaps the all-time hero — playing against the London club.
Thierry Henry was a New York Red Bulls player for the New York Cup match against Arsenal, but that did little to quell the love for the French striker from Gooners.
Now MLS Insider takes you inside the ‘friendly’, and includes some vintage Henry moments.
“To play with a team against a team you used to play for is something special. It’s going to be beautiful. It’s going to be great. I’m going to love it.”
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0