Aug 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Arsenal’s first trip to New York City in a quarter century featured one of the Gunners all-time heroes — perhaps the all-time hero — playing against the London club.
Thierry Henry was a New York Red Bulls player for the New York Cup match against Arsenal, but that did little to quell the love for the French striker from Gooners.
Now MLS Insider takes you inside the ‘friendly’, and includes some vintage Henry moments.
“To play with a team against a team you used to play for is something special. It’s going to be beautiful. It’s going to be great. I’m going to love it.”
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1