Aug 16, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
On the opening day of the Premier League season there has already been plenty of drama.
Red cards, penalty kicks, stunning goals, new boys holding their own… we’re only 45 minutes in, too!
Here’s a brief recap on the five 10 a.m. ET games as we head into the second half.
Click the link above to watch them all live via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Leicester City 1-2 Everton
A frenetic first half at the King Power Stadium as Aiden McGeady curled in a beauty to give Everton the lead, but the Foxes were level inside 90 seconds as Leandro Ulloa equalized on his debut. The game ebbed and flowed as the Toffees pushed hard to get back in front and they did so just before half time as Steven Naismith finished superbly from close range to put Everton 2-1 up.
Stoke City 0-0 Aston Villa
Both teams battled hard at the Britannia Stadium as the Midlands derby is goalless at half time. Gabriel Agbonlahor had the best chance for Villa but his shot at an open goal went wide.
Queens Park Rangers 0-0 Hull City
Faurlin, Barton and Mutch have all come close for QPR as the hosts look much brighter than Hull. Rangers look solid at the back as they push for the opener against the Tigers
West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Sunderland
The visitors went ahead thanks to a howitzer from Lee Catermole. It was just his second goal in 102 games for the Black Cats. But before the break West Brom equalized as Saido Berahino scored a penalty following Victor Anichebe being hauled down by Valentin Roberge.
West Ham 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs are up against it in the East End of London as Kyle Naughton was sent off for a rather harsh looking handball decision in the box. From the resulting penalty Mark Noble put the ball wide but Mauricio Pochettino’s side are struggling.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3