Aug 16, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Seven games, five kicking off at the same time, are hard to track in real-time, but for the second year running, we’re here to help. Each Premier League Saturday, ProSoccerTalk wil bring all the day’s goals together, giving you a quick way to catch up on all the day’s action.
Today, that action included six goals in the 70th minute or later, all of which at least temporarily shifted points from one team to another. Across the season’s first day, no game was decided by more than one goal, while each match managed to avoid a 0-0 draw.
That leaves 17 goals to bring in the 2014-15 season, with late winners for Eric Dier and Aaron Ramsey proving the most dramatic. Your Saturday highlights are above.
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3