Aug 16, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Take a bow, Aiden McGeady.
The Republic of Ireland international scored an absolute beauty on the opening day
In the 21st minute he gave Everton the lead. After a corner the ball broke to Leighton Baines on the edge of the box and the left back’s shot was deflected into Sylvain Distin’s path who saw his effort blocked by Kasper Schmeichel but the rebound fell to McGeady who curled home an inch-perfect strike into the top corner.
With the goalkeeper off his line, but a plethora of Leicester players back to defend the goal, the Everton man bent his effort perfectly into the top corner as his effort clipped the post and went in. You can see the superb strike in the video above.
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 6
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3