Aug 16, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Take a bow, Aiden McGeady.
The Republic of Ireland international scored an absolute beauty on the opening day
In the 21st minute he gave Everton the lead. After a corner the ball broke to Leighton Baines on the edge of the box and the left back’s shot was deflected into Sylvain Distin’s path who saw his effort blocked by Kasper Schmeichel but the rebound fell to McGeady who curled home an inch-perfect strike into the top corner.
With the goalkeeper off his line, but a plethora of Leicester players back to defend the goal, the Everton man bent his effort perfectly into the top corner as his effort clipped the post and went in. You can see the superb strike in the video above.
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 0
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 2
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0