Aug 16, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Take a bow, Aiden McGeady.
The Republic of Ireland international scored an absolute beauty on the opening day
In the 21st minute he gave Everton the lead. After a corner the ball broke to Leighton Baines on the edge of the box and the left back’s shot was deflected into Sylvain Distin’s path who saw his effort blocked by Kasper Schmeichel but the rebound fell to McGeady who curled home an inch-perfect strike into the top corner.
With the goalkeeper off his line, but a plethora of Leicester players back to defend the goal, the Everton man bent his effort perfectly into the top corner as his effort clipped the post and went in. You can see the superb strike in the video above.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6