Aug 16, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
The first goal of the Premier League season has arrived at Old Trafford and Manchester United weren’t the ones celebrating.
Swansea City have opened the goal account for the 2014-15 PL campaign.
The Swans took a shock lead in the 28th minute as Korean midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng was found on the edge of the box by Gylfi Sigurdsson and he calmly slotted the ball home to put the Welsh side 1-0 up. Ki spent last season on loan at Sunderland but on his return to the Swans he netted his first goal for the club as Swansea led at the break.
Manchester United’s fans were stunned as the new era under van Gaal started badly. Swansea were ecstatic.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2