Aug 16, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
The first goal of the Premier League season has arrived at Old Trafford and Manchester United weren’t the ones celebrating.
Swansea City have opened the goal account for the 2014-15 PL campaign.
The Swans took a shock lead in the 28th minute as Korean midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng was found on the edge of the box by Gylfi Sigurdsson and he calmly slotted the ball home to put the Welsh side 1-0 up. Ki spent last season on loan at Sunderland but on his return to the Swans he netted his first goal for the club as Swansea led at the break.
Manchester United’s fans were stunned as the new era under van Gaal started badly. Swansea were ecstatic.
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 1
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 2
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0