Aug 16, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
The first goal of the Premier League season has arrived at Old Trafford and Manchester United weren’t the ones celebrating.
Swansea City have opened the goal account for the 2014-15 PL campaign.
The Swans took a shock lead in the 28th minute as Korean midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng was found on the edge of the box by Gylfi Sigurdsson and he calmly slotted the ball home to put the Welsh side 1-0 up. Ki spent last season on loan at Sunderland but on his return to the Swans he netted his first goal for the club as Swansea led at the break.
Manchester United’s fans were stunned as the new era under van Gaal started badly. Swansea were ecstatic.
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 0
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0
- Study says Lionel Messi top striker in 2015, Cristiano Ronaldo 29th best 2
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1