Aug 16, 2014, 8:38 AM EST
The first goal of the Premier League season has arrived at Old Trafford and Manchester United weren’t the ones celebrating.
Swansea City have opened the goal account for the 2014-15 PL campaign.
The Swans took a shock lead in the 28th minute as Korean midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng was found on the edge of the box by Gylfi Sigurdsson and he calmly slotted the ball home to put the Welsh side 1-0 up. Ki spent last season on loan at Sunderland but on his return to the Swans he netted his first goal for the club as Swansea led at the break.
Manchester United’s fans were stunned as the new era under van Gaal started badly. Swansea were ecstatic.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3
- Report: Liverpool hoping to buy Ings, loan striker back to Burnley for season 1
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 1
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0