Aug 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Despite defeat on the opening day for Manchester United at home to Swansea City, there was a bright spot.
New captain Wayne Rooney acrobatically drew the Red Devils level with a bicycle kick in the second half.
[RELATED: United lost to Swansea on Van Gaal’s debut]
Rooney, 28, is now just one goal away from becoming the third highest goalscorer in Premier League history alongside Thierry Henry, as the United forward has 174 goals to his name.
Watch the video above to see Rooney’s brilliantly improvised finish in the second half.
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 1
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 9