Aug 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Despite defeat on the opening day for Manchester United at home to Swansea City, there was a bright spot.
New captain Wayne Rooney acrobatically drew the Red Devils level with a bicycle kick in the second half.
[RELATED: United lost to Swansea on Van Gaal’s debut]
Rooney, 28, is now just one goal away from becoming the third highest goalscorer in Premier League history alongside Thierry Henry, as the United forward has 174 goals to his name.
Watch the video above to see Rooney’s brilliantly improvised finish in the second half.
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return 1
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 1
- Watch Live: West Ham United vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0