Aug 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Despite defeat on the opening day for Manchester United at home to Swansea City, there was a bright spot.
New captain Wayne Rooney acrobatically drew the Red Devils level with a bicycle kick in the second half.
[RELATED: United lost to Swansea on Van Gaal’s debut]
Rooney, 28, is now just one goal away from becoming the third highest goalscorer in Premier League history alongside Thierry Henry, as the United forward has 174 goals to his name.
Watch the video above to see Rooney’s brilliantly improvised finish in the second half.
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 0
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 2
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0