Aug 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Despite defeat on the opening day for Manchester United at home to Swansea City, there was a bright spot.
New captain Wayne Rooney acrobatically drew the Red Devils level with a bicycle kick in the second half.
[RELATED: United lost to Swansea on Van Gaal’s debut]
Rooney, 28, is now just one goal away from becoming the third highest goalscorer in Premier League history alongside Thierry Henry, as the United forward has 174 goals to his name.
Watch the video above to see Rooney’s brilliantly improvised finish in the second half.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0