Aug 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Despite defeat on the opening day for Manchester United at home to Swansea City, there was a bright spot.
New captain Wayne Rooney acrobatically drew the Red Devils level with a bicycle kick in the second half.
[RELATED: United lost to Swansea on Van Gaal’s debut]
Rooney, 28, is now just one goal away from becoming the third highest goalscorer in Premier League history alongside Thierry Henry, as the United forward has 174 goals to his name.
Watch the video above to see Rooney’s brilliantly improvised finish in the second half.
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 4
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 5
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 5
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 1