Aug 16, 2014, 7:31 AM EST
Manchester United’s new era under Louis van Gaal kicks off against Swansea City at Old Trafford on Saturday (watch live on NBCSN, 7:45 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra).
The Red Devils and the Swans will kick off the 2014-15 season and both will be hoping to improve on last year, especially United.
Coming off the back of their worst-ever season in the PL, LVG’s men finished seventh last term but they will be hoping to get off to a flying start this time out.
United are without Robin van Persie, Luke Shaw, Michael Carrick, Michael Carrick and several others for Van Gaal’s debut PL game. Youngster Tyler Blackett makes his United debut while Jesse Lingard also start for the home side. Swansea get a boost as Nathan Dyer and Wayne Routledge return from injury.
Manchester United: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Blackett; Lingard, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Amos, James, M Keane, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Januzaj
Swansea City: Fabianski, Rangel, Amat, Williams, Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony. Subs: Tremmel, Bartley, Richards, Tiendalli, Montero, Sheehan, Gomis
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0