Aug 17, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
Loic Remy has exhibited his ability to serve as a consistent Premier League goal scorer, so that’s why his name has appeared on many European teams’ transfer lists during the summer months.
Liverpool and Chelseas have been connected to the Queens Park Rangers striker, but the interest was just that. Nothing has been finalized, and the rumors continue to be rumors.
Remy scored 14 goals in 27 appearances while at loan at Newcastle last season. He notched six goals in 14 caps when he played his first season for QPR. He has enjoyed some success at the international rank with France
If a Champions League side did seriously inquire about Remy with all sides agreeing to the terms of sale, then the 27-year-old Frenchman would surely leave QPR, teammate Joey Barton believes.
“For me, he is keen to stay.
“If a Champions League club comes in for him, could anybody blame the lad for going? I don’t think I would and I don’t think any of the fans would…But that is the big if a Champions League club came in for him. There aren’t many of them.”
Of course, Queens Park Rangers could certainly use Remy to give their attacking side better odds against tight defenses.
“We want him to stay. He’s a great lad and a great player. He gives us that bit of energy and legs in behind.
“He’s scored one in every two games in the Premier League. If we can keep that kind of goalscorer I think it gives us a massive plus.”
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0