Aug 17, 2014, 11:51 PM EST
Loic Remy has exhibited his ability to serve as a consistent Premier League goal scorer, so that’s why his name has appeared on many European teams’ transfer lists during the summer months.
Liverpool and Chelseas have been connected to the Queens Park Rangers striker, but the interest was just that. Nothing has been finalized, and the rumors continue to be rumors.
Remy scored 14 goals in 27 appearances while at loan at Newcastle last season. He notched six goals in 14 caps when he played his first season for QPR. He has enjoyed some success at the international rank with France
If a Champions League side did seriously inquire about Remy with all sides agreeing to the terms of sale, then the 27-year-old Frenchman would surely leave QPR, teammate Joey Barton believes.
“For me, he is keen to stay.
“If a Champions League club comes in for him, could anybody blame the lad for going? I don’t think I would and I don’t think any of the fans would…But that is the big if a Champions League club came in for him. There aren’t many of them.”
Of course, Queens Park Rangers could certainly use Remy to give their attacking side better odds against tight defenses.
“We want him to stay. He’s a great lad and a great player. He gives us that bit of energy and legs in behind.
“He’s scored one in every two games in the Premier League. If we can keep that kind of goalscorer I think it gives us a massive plus.”
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 0
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 2