Aug 17, 2014, 8:22 AM EDT
They came oh so close last year.
After narrowly missing out on the Premier League title last season, the Reds have returned themselves to the upper echelon of talent in England.
Captain and club legend Steven Gerrard has experienced the team’s highs and lows over the past decade, and has quite a story to tell.
In our exclusive three-part interview, NBC’s own Rebecca Lowe speaks to Gerrard as well as Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers to learn just what kind of a person the captain is on and off the pitch.
In addition, Gerrard speaks on the evolution of his career, the upcoming season, the departure of Luis Suarez, and last year’s near-miss.
With Gerrard having touched on plenty of topics surrounding Anfield of late, Lowe now speaks to manager Brendan Rodgers to find out what kind of a person Gerrard is, as well as what the team expects for this season.
Finally, it’s back to Gerrard to learn about the departure of Luis Suarez, how the 34-year-old has developed through his 25 years at Liverpool, and what he expects to see this coming season.
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1