Aug 17, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
As Barcelona gets set to play their annual Joan Gamper Trophy match tomorrow, Luis Suarez is getting ready to play.
According to manager Luis Enrique, with the stadium ban on his new striker lifted, he will take advantage immediately with Barcelona set to face Mexican side Club Leon in their yearly preseason tournament.
“Luis Suarez will play some minutes in the Gamper tomorrow,” Enrique told reporters after training today. “During two training sessions he’s already shown he is really talented. He looks like the player we were looking for.”
“I would like him to be able to play for a few minutes. Not many, because he has not played for some time, but he has worked very well when training on his own.”
Suarez had his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini in the World Cup upheld this past week, but the Court of Arbitration for Sport did lift the stadium ban, allowing him to train with the team and feature in non-competitive fixtures.
Despite Suarez’s inability to feature for the first few months of the season, Enrique said his absence “does not harm us at all. The squad is solid and strong enough to face the first matches of the league.”
Finally, Enrique also mentioned that he doesn’t want to let Dani Alves leave despite reports of interest abroad, and that he has an idea which goalkeeper he will start but did not say who.
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 1
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0