Aug 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Manager Louis Van Gaal has told chief executive Ed Woodward to go all-in on Di Maria, which would include $350,000-a-week and initial transfer fee of $83.2 million.
The Argentine himself has expressed surprise at the fact that this deal would outbid any other team wanting his signature, including French giant Paris Saint-Germain.
Manchester United didn’t start their season off on the right foot, losing to Swansea City, 2-1, and van Gaal was clearly upset by the defeat, stating that his squad needs ‘better players.‘
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 1
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 6
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9
- Mexico 3-1 Jamaica: El Tri overpowers Cinderella story to win Gold Cup 30
- Frank Lampard ruled out of MLS All-Star game 2