Aug 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Manager Louis Van Gaal has told chief executive Ed Woodward to go all-in on Di Maria, which would include $350,000-a-week and initial transfer fee of $83.2 million.
The Argentine himself has expressed surprise at the fact that this deal would outbid any other team wanting his signature, including French giant Paris Saint-Germain.
Manchester United didn’t start their season off on the right foot, losing to Swansea City, 2-1, and van Gaal was clearly upset by the defeat, stating that his squad needs ‘better players.‘
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0
- Wolfsburg say Kevin de Bruyne not heading to Manchester City “at this point” 9
- 2015-16 Premier League Power Rankings, Vol. I: Taking very early stock with Man City on top 8