Aug 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Manager Louis Van Gaal has told chief executive Ed Woodward to go all-in on Di Maria, which would include $350,000-a-week and initial transfer fee of $83.2 million.
The Argentine himself has expressed surprise at the fact that this deal would outbid any other team wanting his signature, including French giant Paris Saint-Germain.
Manchester United didn’t start their season off on the right foot, losing to Swansea City, 2-1, and van Gaal was clearly upset by the defeat, stating that his squad needs ‘better players.‘
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 0
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 8
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 2
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 2
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0