Aug 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Manager Louis Van Gaal has told chief executive Ed Woodward to go all-in on Di Maria, which would include $350,000-a-week and initial transfer fee of $83.2 million.
The Argentine himself has expressed surprise at the fact that this deal would outbid any other team wanting his signature, including French giant Paris Saint-Germain.
Manchester United didn’t start their season off on the right foot, losing to Swansea City, 2-1, and van Gaal was clearly upset by the defeat, stating that his squad needs ‘better players.‘
- Marvell Wynne, Bakary Soumare headline Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Draft results 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 0
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 3
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 1
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1