Aug 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Manager Louis Van Gaal has told chief executive Ed Woodward to go all-in on Di Maria, which would include $350,000-a-week and initial transfer fee of $83.2 million.
The Argentine himself has expressed surprise at the fact that this deal would outbid any other team wanting his signature, including French giant Paris Saint-Germain.
Manchester United didn’t start their season off on the right foot, losing to Swansea City, 2-1, and van Gaal was clearly upset by the defeat, stating that his squad needs ‘better players.‘
- Brek Shea’s USMNT return includes a personal, artistic touch 3
- Wayne Rooney may play in midfield: How will Chelsea, Manchester United line up? 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 33 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Red-hot teams will keep rolling 3
- MLS Week 7 preview: RSL vs. Whitecaps, Galaxy vs. Sporting KC in the wild West 0
- Injury crisis for Manchester United as four key players to miss clash vs. Chelsea 1