Aug 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Ever Banega has made 136 appearances for Valencia starting in 2008 when he was transferred from Boca Juniors about €20 million, but it seems he will be making a new home at Sevilla shortly.
Banega, 26, has spent two loan terms, one back in 2008 at Atletico Madrid and his last one happening recently at Newell’s Old Boys at the beginning of 2014.
A Sevilla club statement indicated that he has to undergo his medical, and then, he will have to agree on contract details.
“Ever Banega can become a new player of Sevilla FC if he passes the medical tests in the next few hours and the documents are signed,” read a statement on Sevilla’s website. “Sevilla FC and Valencia reached an agreement in principle for the transfer of the Argentinian midfielder on Sunday afternoon.”
Sevilla are the regaining Europa League champions, but they have witnessed a shortage of maneuvers this summer, dealing and adding multiple players.
Almeria winger Aleix Vidal arrived for €3 million after a successful year avoiding relegation. Spartak Moscow’s Nicolas Pareja and Daniel Carrico from Reading have also made their journey as loanees, Pareja’s price tag at €2.5 million and Carrico’s cost less than €2. Midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak marked Sevilla’s biggest splash so far–for €4.5 million.
Manager Unai Emery’s goal is to strengthen his team enough to quiet the effects of losing Ivan Rakitic and Alberto Moreno, having left for Camp Nou and Anfield respectively.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6