Aug 18, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
The Men In Blazers revel in the return of the English Premier League, celebrating the first weekend in which every game feels like a voyage of discovery to the unknown.
Rog and Davo wonder if Manchester United’s new Emperor, Louis van Gaal, has no clothes, marvel at Brendan Rodgers’ tactical adjustments and break down Steven Naismith’s sun tan. They also have time to analyze the peculiarities of DeAndre Yedlin‘s staycation transfer to Spurs. All this, and the backstory of their recent Mickey Rourke encounter.
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 3
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2