Aug 18, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
Without Luis Suarez, plenty of people are worried about how Liverpool will fare this season in the Premier League.
If this little fella keeps putting in displays like this, they will be just fine.
Ladies and gents, Raheem Sterling is your PL Player of the Week for the opening Matchday.
Against Southampton the speedster timed his run from the left superbly, latched onto Jordan Henderson‘s superb pass expertly and kept his composure to slot home the opener. He played a key part in Daniel Sturridge‘s game-winner late on and his pace caused Saints plenty of problems all game long.
Sterling, just 19, proved his superstar status with England at the World Cup this summer and the Jamaican born winger is set for a huge season at Anfield. Watch the video above to see why he was the best player in the PL this week.
Premier League Player of the Week
Week 1: Raheem Sterling
- Manchester United’s two-goal hero Wayne Rooney hails “deserved win.” Should he stay up front? 0
- Manchester United 2-0 Sunderland: Rooney nets double to seal easy win 0
- Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa: Cisse’s goal keeps Sherwood’s Villans in the drop zone 0
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0