Aug 18, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
Without Luis Suarez, plenty of people are worried about how Liverpool will fare this season in the Premier League.
If this little fella keeps putting in displays like this, they will be just fine.
Ladies and gents, Raheem Sterling is your PL Player of the Week for the opening Matchday.
Against Southampton the speedster timed his run from the left superbly, latched onto Jordan Henderson‘s superb pass expertly and kept his composure to slot home the opener. He played a key part in Daniel Sturridge‘s game-winner late on and his pace caused Saints plenty of problems all game long.
Sterling, just 19, proved his superstar status with England at the World Cup this summer and the Jamaican born winger is set for a huge season at Anfield. Watch the video above to see why he was the best player in the PL this week.
Premier League Player of the Week
Week 1: Raheem Sterling
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 3
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0