Aug 18, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
Without Luis Suarez, plenty of people are worried about how Liverpool will fare this season in the Premier League.
If this little fella keeps putting in displays like this, they will be just fine.
Ladies and gents, Raheem Sterling is your PL Player of the Week for the opening Matchday.
Against Southampton the speedster timed his run from the left superbly, latched onto Jordan Henderson‘s superb pass expertly and kept his composure to slot home the opener. He played a key part in Daniel Sturridge‘s game-winner late on and his pace caused Saints plenty of problems all game long.
Sterling, just 19, proved his superstar status with England at the World Cup this summer and the Jamaican born winger is set for a huge season at Anfield. Watch the video above to see why he was the best player in the PL this week.
Premier League Player of the Week
Week 1: Raheem Sterling
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1