Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
DC United’s hopes for a new home took another verbal step in the right direction, courtesy of the club’s managing director.
Jason Levien’s PR saavy could not be doubted — he’s as comfortable on camera as any reporter — but he gave fans plenty of reason to be excited.
[ RELATED: DC United, Sunderland announced partnership ]
It’s been a long, long road for DC United, with missed deadlines and delays dotting the landscape. But Levien’s comments are a step in the right direction for the Buzzard Point project, if tinged and perhaps soaked with politics.
“Last time I was on, I said I was cautiously optimistic about the stadium,” Levien said in the interview (above). “I am going to tell our fans out there we are ready to remove the ‘cautiously’ from that statement.”
- FOLLOW LIVE — Copa America: Peru and Paraguay clash for third place 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3
- MLS preview: Timbers vs. Earthquakes, Galaxy vs. Toronto FC headline Week 18 0