Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
DC United’s hopes for a new home took another verbal step in the right direction, courtesy of the club’s managing director.
Jason Levien’s PR saavy could not be doubted — he’s as comfortable on camera as any reporter — but he gave fans plenty of reason to be excited.
[ RELATED: DC United, Sunderland announced partnership ]
It’s been a long, long road for DC United, with missed deadlines and delays dotting the landscape. But Levien’s comments are a step in the right direction for the Buzzard Point project, if tinged and perhaps soaked with politics.
“Last time I was on, I said I was cautiously optimistic about the stadium,” Levien said in the interview (above). “I am going to tell our fans out there we are ready to remove the ‘cautiously’ from that statement.”
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1