Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
DC United’s hopes for a new home took another verbal step in the right direction, courtesy of the club’s managing director.
Jason Levien’s PR saavy could not be doubted — he’s as comfortable on camera as any reporter — but he gave fans plenty of reason to be excited.
[ RELATED: DC United, Sunderland announced partnership ]
It’s been a long, long road for DC United, with missed deadlines and delays dotting the landscape. But Levien’s comments are a step in the right direction for the Buzzard Point project, if tinged and perhaps soaked with politics.
“Last time I was on, I said I was cautiously optimistic about the stadium,” Levien said in the interview (above). “I am going to tell our fans out there we are ready to remove the ‘cautiously’ from that statement.”
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 5
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 4
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0