Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
DC United’s hopes for a new home took another verbal step in the right direction, courtesy of the club’s managing director.
Jason Levien’s PR saavy could not be doubted — he’s as comfortable on camera as any reporter — but he gave fans plenty of reason to be excited.
[ RELATED: DC United, Sunderland announced partnership ]
It’s been a long, long road for DC United, with missed deadlines and delays dotting the landscape. But Levien’s comments are a step in the right direction for the Buzzard Point project, if tinged and perhaps soaked with politics.
“Last time I was on, I said I was cautiously optimistic about the stadium,” Levien said in the interview (above). “I am going to tell our fans out there we are ready to remove the ‘cautiously’ from that statement.”
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 10 0
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0