Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
DC United’s hopes for a new home took another verbal step in the right direction, courtesy of the club’s managing director.
Jason Levien’s PR saavy could not be doubted — he’s as comfortable on camera as any reporter — but he gave fans plenty of reason to be excited.
[ RELATED: DC United, Sunderland announced partnership ]
It’s been a long, long road for DC United, with missed deadlines and delays dotting the landscape. But Levien’s comments are a step in the right direction for the Buzzard Point project, if tinged and perhaps soaked with politics.
“Last time I was on, I said I was cautiously optimistic about the stadium,” Levien said in the interview (above). “I am going to tell our fans out there we are ready to remove the ‘cautiously’ from that statement.”
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3