Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
A breathless game took place in Colorado on Wednesday as the Rapids and LA Galaxy played out a classic in Commerce City.
The Rapids led 3-1 after 30 minutes as Marlon Hairston, Edson Buddle and Marc Burch all scored, while LA’s solitary strike came from Robbie Keane as the Galaxy trailed 3-1 at half time and looked to be dead and buried.
Think again, my friends.
Omar Gonzalez pulled a goal back for LA just before the hour mark to make it 3-2, then with 20 minutes left new signing Alan Gordon made it 3-3.
That set the stage for Landon Donovan to complete the remarkable comeback, as the U.S. legend netted the game-winner with 10 minutes to go as LA prevailed 4-3. What a game. What a comeback. What a win for LA. Talk about a pivotal moment in a season.
Watch the video highlights above to see the madness play out. Love me some Midweek MLS action!
- VIDEO: Is relegation a possibility for Newcastle United? 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 3
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 1
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1