Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
A breathless game took place in Colorado on Wednesday as the Rapids and LA Galaxy played out a classic in Commerce City.
The Rapids led 3-1 after 30 minutes as Marlon Hairston, Edson Buddle and Marc Burch all scored, while LA’s solitary strike came from Robbie Keane as the Galaxy trailed 3-1 at half time and looked to be dead and buried.
Think again, my friends.
Omar Gonzalez pulled a goal back for LA just before the hour mark to make it 3-2, then with 20 minutes left new signing Alan Gordon made it 3-3.
That set the stage for Landon Donovan to complete the remarkable comeback, as the U.S. legend netted the game-winner with 10 minutes to go as LA prevailed 4-3. What a game. What a comeback. What a win for LA. Talk about a pivotal moment in a season.
Watch the video highlights above to see the madness play out. Love me some Midweek MLS action!
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6