Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
A breathless game took place in Colorado on Wednesday as the Rapids and LA Galaxy played out a classic in Commerce City.
The Rapids led 3-1 after 30 minutes as Marlon Hairston, Edson Buddle and Marc Burch all scored, while LA’s solitary strike came from Robbie Keane as the Galaxy trailed 3-1 at half time and looked to be dead and buried.
Think again, my friends.
Omar Gonzalez pulled a goal back for LA just before the hour mark to make it 3-2, then with 20 minutes left new signing Alan Gordon made it 3-3.
That set the stage for Landon Donovan to complete the remarkable comeback, as the U.S. legend netted the game-winner with 10 minutes to go as LA prevailed 4-3. What a game. What a comeback. What a win for LA. Talk about a pivotal moment in a season.
Watch the video highlights above to see the madness play out. Love me some Midweek MLS action!
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3
- Geoff Cameron: Eden Hazard is “best I’ve played against” in Premier League 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0