Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
A breathless game took place in Colorado on Wednesday as the Rapids and LA Galaxy played out a classic in Commerce City.
The Rapids led 3-1 after 30 minutes as Marlon Hairston, Edson Buddle and Marc Burch all scored, while LA’s solitary strike came from Robbie Keane as the Galaxy trailed 3-1 at half time and looked to be dead and buried.
Think again, my friends.
Omar Gonzalez pulled a goal back for LA just before the hour mark to make it 3-2, then with 20 minutes left new signing Alan Gordon made it 3-3.
That set the stage for Landon Donovan to complete the remarkable comeback, as the U.S. legend netted the game-winner with 10 minutes to go as LA prevailed 4-3. What a game. What a comeback. What a win for LA. Talk about a pivotal moment in a season.
Watch the video highlights above to see the madness play out. Love me some Midweek MLS action!
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5