Aug 22, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has included USMNT World Cup scorer Julian Green in his 18 for today’s Bundesliga opener against Wolfsburg.
If Green subs into the contest, it will be his first Bundesliga appearance. He made his Bayern senior debut last Fall in a UEFA Champions League match against CSKA Moscow.
Green, 19, has scored 19 times in 25 appearances for Bayern Munich II, and has scored once in three appearances for the USMNT since choosing the States over Germany. He was also named in the Bundesliga’s “Top 20 under 20“.
Also on the bench for Bayern are Xherdan Shaqiri and Claudio Pizarro, so it’s far from certain that Green will see the pitch when the two teams kickoff at 2:30pm ET.
Bayern starters: Neuer – Dante, Lewandowski, Robben, Gaudino, Bernat, Götze, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Badstube
Subs: Reina – Shaqiri, Pizarro, Scholl, Rode, Hojbjerg, Green
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 2
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 0
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0