Aug 22, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has included USMNT World Cup scorer Julian Green in his 18 for today’s Bundesliga opener against Wolfsburg.
If Green subs into the contest, it will be his first Bundesliga appearance. He made his Bayern senior debut last Fall in a UEFA Champions League match against CSKA Moscow.
Green, 19, has scored 19 times in 25 appearances for Bayern Munich II, and has scored once in three appearances for the USMNT since choosing the States over Germany. He was also named in the Bundesliga’s “Top 20 under 20“.
Also on the bench for Bayern are Xherdan Shaqiri and Claudio Pizarro, so it’s far from certain that Green will see the pitch when the two teams kickoff at 2:30pm ET.
Bayern starters: Neuer – Dante, Lewandowski, Robben, Gaudino, Bernat, Götze, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Badstube
Subs: Reina – Shaqiri, Pizarro, Scholl, Rode, Hojbjerg, Green
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 0
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 1
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2