Aug 22, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has included USMNT World Cup scorer Julian Green in his 18 for today’s Bundesliga opener against Wolfsburg.
If Green subs into the contest, it will be his first Bundesliga appearance. He made his Bayern senior debut last Fall in a UEFA Champions League match against CSKA Moscow.
Green, 19, has scored 19 times in 25 appearances for Bayern Munich II, and has scored once in three appearances for the USMNT since choosing the States over Germany. He was also named in the Bundesliga’s “Top 20 under 20“.
Also on the bench for Bayern are Xherdan Shaqiri and Claudio Pizarro, so it’s far from certain that Green will see the pitch when the two teams kickoff at 2:30pm ET.
Bayern starters: Neuer – Dante, Lewandowski, Robben, Gaudino, Bernat, Götze, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Badstube
Subs: Reina – Shaqiri, Pizarro, Scholl, Rode, Hojbjerg, Green
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 0
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 5
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 9
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6