Aug 22, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The second week of the Premier League season begins with familiar names at the top of the table: Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, and Liverpool. Three of those teams face serious challenges this weekend, with the defending champions’ visit from Brendan Rodgers’ Reds concluding a weekend that also features the Gunners’ trip to Goodison.
That match, which Everton took 3-0 last season, is the main event tomorrow – a six-match Saturday that starts 7:00 a.m. ET at Villa Park and ends with NBC’s coverage from Merseyside. For a primer, check out the weekend preview, above.
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 0
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 1
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter is “ready to change.” Do we believe this? 4
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 11
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 14