Aug 22, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The second week of the Premier League season begins with familiar names at the top of the table: Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, and Liverpool. Three of those teams face serious challenges this weekend, with the defending champions’ visit from Brendan Rodgers’ Reds concluding a weekend that also features the Gunners’ trip to Goodison.
That match, which Everton took 3-0 last season, is the main event tomorrow – a six-match Saturday that starts 7:00 a.m. ET at Villa Park and ends with NBC’s coverage from Merseyside. For a primer, check out the weekend preview, above.
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 1
- NBC Sports to air Barclays Asia Trophy as Arsenal, Everton and Stoke head to Singapore 0
- How should USWNT line up against Germany in World Cup semifinal? 3
- Pogba to Barcelona for $90 million? Reports in Italy say deal discussed 4
- Report: Manchester United make $45 million bid for Sergio Ramos 8
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 2