Aug 22, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The second week of the Premier League season begins with familiar names at the top of the table: Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, and Liverpool. Three of those teams face serious challenges this weekend, with the defending champions’ visit from Brendan Rodgers’ Reds concluding a weekend that also features the Gunners’ trip to Goodison.
That match, which Everton took 3-0 last season, is the main event tomorrow – a six-match Saturday that starts 7:00 a.m. ET at Villa Park and ends with NBC’s coverage from Merseyside. For a primer, check out the weekend preview, above.
- Top seven moments that defined Chelsea’s championship season 0
- Chelsea crowned Premier League champions in record fashion 0
- Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace: Hazard goal fittingly clinches Premier League title (video) 0
- MLS roundup: Revs, D.C. United rule the East; Timbers, Whitecaps split points 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 2-0 Columbus Crew SC 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Chelsea chases coronation clincher, Spurs host Man City 0