Aug 23, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
It’s been a horrible time for Ukraine and its powerful club, Shakhtar Donetsk. Now, the club is reeling after two ‘powerful explosions’ rocked their home stadium.
According to Shakhtar’s press release, there are no casualties amongst the stadium staff. The club was due to face Obolon-Brovar in the Ukrainian Cup’s Round of 32 later today.
Several players had refused to play for Shakhtar, and one even transferred away from the club.
— FC SHAKHTAR ENGLISH (@shakhtar_eng) August 23, 2014
On 23 August, at 6:00, two powerful explosions occurred at Donbass Arena. As a result of shelling, there are numerous damages of the northwestern facade of the stadium, communications, equipment and detached building of the energy centre, which is located in the northern part of the Donbass Arena park.
There are no casualties among the stadium staff.
More to come…
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1