Aug 23, 2014, 8:32 AM EST
It’s been a horrible time for Ukraine and its powerful club, Shakhtar Donetsk. Now, the club is reeling after two ‘powerful explosions’ rocked their home stadium.
According to Shakhtar’s press release, there are no casualties amongst the stadium staff. The club was due to face Obolon-Brovar in the Ukrainian Cup’s Round of 32 later today.
Several players had refused to play for Shakhtar, and one even transferred away from the club.
— FC SHAKHTAR ENGLISH (@shakhtar_eng) August 23, 2014
On 23 August, at 6:00, two powerful explosions occurred at Donbass Arena. As a result of shelling, there are numerous damages of the northwestern facade of the stadium, communications, equipment and detached building of the energy centre, which is located in the northern part of the Donbass Arena park.
There are no casualties among the stadium staff.
More to come…
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 2
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2