Aug 23, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
These are the easy days for Chelsea. At least, as easy as it’s going to get this season. No fixture congestion, facing teams enjoying new life in the top flight, the Blues are getting time to sort out their squad, something especially valuable when key additions like Diego Costa, Cesc Fábregas, and Thibaut Courtois are getting accustomed to new surroundings.
Speaking to the press hits week, manager José Mourinho discussed the virtues of playing only once per week at the start of the season. Without Champions League, FA Cup, or League Cup concerns, the early season schedule gives his players a chance to find out where they stand in the squad.
Of course, those concerns are fast approaching (at least, for two of the competitions), but for now, the Chelsea boss is happy to concentrate on the Premier League.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 1
- Three things we learned from Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton 2
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 2
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 5