Aug 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund fans have been waiting all summer for the start of their Bundesliga campaign, but only had to wait nine seconds to see their team go down 1-0.
Karim Bellarabi nutmegged Matthias Ginter and ripped home a shot inside the 18 to lift Bayer Leverkusen to an early lead at the Westfalenstadion. Ginter, 20, signed for Dortmund over the summer and just came off a World Cup win.
This was quite different than glory:
Here is a ‘sped-up’ Vine of the goal from kick-off.
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3
- Geoff Cameron: Eden Hazard is “best I’ve played against” in Premier League 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0