Aug 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Borussia Dortmund fans have been waiting all summer for the start of their Bundesliga campaign, but only had to wait nine seconds to see their team go down 1-0.
Karim Bellarabi nutmegged Matthias Ginter and ripped home a shot inside the 18 to lift Bayer Leverkusen to an early lead at the Westfalenstadion. Ginter, 20, signed for Dortmund over the summer and just came off a World Cup win.
This was quite different than glory:
Here is a ‘sped-up’ Vine of the goal from kick-off.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6