Aug 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund fans have been waiting all summer for the start of their Bundesliga campaign, but only had to wait nine seconds to see their team go down 1-0.
Karim Bellarabi nutmegged Matthias Ginter and ripped home a shot inside the 18 to lift Bayer Leverkusen to an early lead at the Westfalenstadion. Ginter, 20, signed for Dortmund over the summer and just came off a World Cup win.
This was quite different than glory:
Here is a ‘sped-up’ Vine of the goal from kick-off.
- MLS Week 1 preview: Sounders vs. Revs, Timbers vs. RSL headline First Kick weekend 0
- FA Cup preview: Wembley trips on the line as Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool shoot for semis 0
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 3
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9