Aug 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Borussia Dortmund fans have been waiting all summer for the start of their Bundesliga campaign, but only had to wait nine seconds to see their team go down 1-0.
Karim Bellarabi nutmegged Matthias Ginter and ripped home a shot inside the 18 to lift Bayer Leverkusen to an early lead at the Westfalenstadion. Ginter, 20, signed for Dortmund over the summer and just came off a World Cup win.
This was quite different than glory:
Here is a ‘sped-up’ Vine of the goal from kick-off.
- 2015 Gold Cup preview: United States look to defend title 0
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 2
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 2
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 1